Monday, March 22, 2010

My bit on couponing

Clipping coupons in the straight sense doesn't seem like it would save much money. Well, here's how I do it:
*Clip coupons, organize them in a small organizer and keep it in my purse
*Look at the sales for my area stores, match coupons on the sales, save more significantly :)

Consider also you can get rebates back sometimes. Right now Seventh Gen is running a $5 rebate w/purchase of 3 products. I'm going to Target, using one target coupon w/one manufacturer's coupon on some dish soaps, and possible money back after rebate. SC Johnson will also give a $5 rebate off three products right now, up to 3 rebates per house, offer includes purchase of travel size wipes. Probably found these offers on one of those sites, so you can go to a sites and put in some key words, you'll have to find it yourself :). Combine w/$.55 off shout products coupons, purchase travel shout wipes, you have a valid moneymaker!

Print coupons from online: Target.com: coupons (link on the bottom of the page in small text) and Coupons.com are great places to check weekly. You can print two of the same coupon off before it's blocked.

Sometimes you can get money back, too. If you purchase a $.99 drink and have a $1.00 off coupon, $1.00 will be deducted and you have the item free w/$.01 deducted from the rest of your order.

Rite Aid is a current favorite, it's just down the street from me. These past couple months I've gotten 5 travel size Renu contact solution, a 12 oz contact solution, pkg of kotex pads, cereal, and toothbrush free (more too, I think). Also, $1.25 Kashi ceral. Shopping CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid get score you freebies almost weekly. Check out the websites for more on this.

I like artscow: another site for photos, become a fan on facebook and follow offers, plus monthly freebies like various prints or photobooks.

For many deals or just plain internet shopping, two accounts are good to have: ebates and swagbucks. Ebates is a % back on your online purchases through various retailers, and swagbucks is get $ for searches, as well as % back on online purchases (like walmart, even). After two months I bought a carpet sweeper from amazon.com :) Seriously, if you type something in your google search engine you may as well get paid for it ;) I bought my carpet sweeper from Amazon.com using swagbucks credit, right now I'm stockpiling for a future purchase, like a raining day fund

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=r4Lrn2Ky3LitVjVjNMzoTg%3D%3D (+$5 sign up bonus)

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/amaroq45
(+30sbs signup bonus)

Shop at Home: http://www.shopathome.com/?IAFCG=iRRYMMmBfmXSlU+rvZ6CHA==
(Hey, I got 10 swagbucks just for using the search engine to grab this link!)

a couple other blogs I follow (facebook): couponconnectionsnw, thriftynorthwestmom, freebies4mom, the frugal girls, and Totally Target. there are kazillions of these sites. The time some people have to blog, wow, I am singing praises when I clean my kitchen!

this week couponconnections is a great one for local deals, and she'll give you links to print off coupons. Many coupons are also from the Sunday paper. Good ones are hit and miss, considering much of those items are drugs, unhealthy food, chemicals, wasteful paper products, etc. (not so much healthy/organic/useful, but they appear).

I REALLY like moneysavingmom.com, I think you'll like her too. recently made: brown bag burritos (freezer burritos, awesome).

Couponclippers can be a good place to get selected coupons, if you can wait a few days for the mail (from FL). Recently I ordered from Manufacturers Coupons, she's in Marysville, WA, so it's "only a day away" :) I've been ordering dozens of Almond Breeze coupons $1 any box and saving mucho on our milk!

You can also "preview" the sunday coupons on someone's site (the coupon preview?) on Saturday to decide how many sunday papers to buy (yes, people buy multiples, I get two).

I carry a coupon organizer in my purse stuffed full :) always ready.

No comments: